Month: March 2007
Who is behind the ETH Weblog Service?
The ETH Weblog Service is a joint project of the ID-Basisdienste and the NET office. The main project members are:
- Yves Serrano, ETH Theme, User Support, ID-Basisdienste.
- Peter Bircher, System Engineering & Design, ID-Basisdienste.
- Swen Vermeul, nethz Integration, ID-Basisdienste.
- Dr. Matteo Corti, LDAP Integration, ID-Basisdienste.
- Pit Meurer, a wizard from the Blogosphere, NET freelancer.
- Julia Kehl, Help pages, NET.
- Dr. Thomas Piendl, co-project leader, NET.
- Roland Dietlicher, co-project leader, ID-Basisdienste.
The ETH Weblog Service is now in operation!
Starting now, all members of the ETH Zurich can open a Weblog.
With these “public diaries”, researchers can give others a peek into their laboratory work. Field teams can release reports and photos for the people at home. Instructors can accompany their students on-line throughout the semester. E-learning becomes an attractive and simple tool.
The first steps to using a Weblog are simple. It takes only minutes to register and set up a Weblog. Try it out!